SOUTH SHORE CITY
- Rationalize the processes, the communication and the flows of data;
- Improve wireless network to obtain high stable speed for the critical data;
- Standardize the network for the 3 sites;
- Centralization of management;
The IT team of the City of Brossard is responsible for the management of 3 sites, separated by several kilometers, the City of Brossard, Boucherville and St-Lambert. Its main mission is to develop and offer the technology that supports the current and future goals and objectives of its 3 sites. The biggest challenge for the team is to keep control of their wireless network while increasing their performance.
Establishment of a stable network, without loss of power on the 3 sites from a single management console allowing a financial and energy saving. The network enables the provision of new services and applications to improve public safety and staff productivity.
« With the deployment of the Meru solution (Fortinet), Prival made the communication processes fast, fluid and stable. » (Translation) Hugo Hallé, IT Director, City of Brossard
Prival has implemented a Meru Networks (Fortinet) wireless solution, including a controller, an SA200 management device and 30 access points (AP) at all three sites. This solution has helped stabilize the network and ensure a powerful and high-speed across the territory. The wireless solution from Meru Networks (Fortinet) also meets two other essential criteria: the simplicity of installation and configuration and the ease of centralization for fast and efficient management.
For the implementation of the solution, the Prival team proceeded in 3 steps:
- Study of needs and evaluation of the optimal location of access points with the specialized software Site Survey;
- Installation and configuration of the controller, the device of management SA200 and access points;
- Technological transfer of the environment.